1. What Lizzie Cooke Wellness Does
Lizzie Cooke Wellness (LCW) provides wellness coaching and functional wellness services to clients to improve their health through diet and lifestyle. The focus is on preventative healthcare, the optimisation of physical and emotional health and chronic health conditions. Through functional wellness consultations, dietary and lifestyle analysis and biochemical testing, the aim is to help you to improve your health through personalised nutritional advice, supplements and lifestyle recommendations.
2. How LCW Obtains Your Personal Data Information provided by you
You provide LCW with personal data in the following ways:
– By completing a health questionnaire
– By signing a terms of engagement form
– During a consultation
– Through email, over the telephone, via text or social media
– By online payment
This may include the following information:
– basic details such as name, address, contact details and next of kin
– details of contact LCW has had with you such as referrals and appointment requests
– health information including your previous medical history, dietary, lifestyle, supplement and medicine details, biochemical test results, clinic notes and health improvement plans
– GP contact information
– Bank details
This information is used in order to provide you with client wellness recommendations. This means that the legal basis of holding your personal data is for legitimate interest.
Following completion of your wellness care your personal data will be retained for the period defined by General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) concerning data protection.
Information from other sources
LCW may obtain sensitive medical information in the form of test results from biochemical testing companies. LCW uses this information in order to provide you with wellness services. This means that the legal basis of holding your personal data is for legitimate interest.
LCW may obtain sensitive information from healthcare providers. The provision of this information is subject to you giving your express consent. If you do not give this consent, LCW will not be able to coordinate your care with that provided by other providers which means the wellness services provided may be less effective.
3. How LCW uses your personal data
LCW acts as a data controller for use of your personal data to provide wellness services.
LCW undertake at all times to protect your personal data, including any health and contact details, in a manner which is consistent with our duty of professional confidence and the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) concerning data protection. LCW will also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal data storage.
LCW may use your personal data where there is an overriding public interest in using the information e.g. in order to safeguard an individual, or to prevent a serious crime. Also where there is a legal requirement such as a formal court order.
4. Do you share my information with other organisations?
LCW will keep information about you confidential. LCW will only disclose your information with other third parties with your express consent with the exception of the following categories of third parties:
– Any contractors and advisors that provide a service to LCW or act as agents on the understanding that they keep the information confidential.
– Anyone to whom LCW may transfer rights and duties under any agreement LCW has with you.
– Any legal or crime prevention agencies and/or to satisfy any regulatory request if LCW has a duty to do so or if the law allows LCW to do so.
LCW may share your information with supplement companies and biochemical testing companies as part of providing you with wellness guidance. LCW will not include any sensitive information.
LCW will seek your express consent before sharing your information with your GP or other healthcare providers. However, if LCW believes that your life is in danger then LCW may pass your information onto an appropriate authority (such as the police, social services in the case of a child or vulnerable adult, or GP in case of self-harm) using the legal basis of vital interests.
LCW may share your case history in an anonymised form with our peers for the purpose of professional development. This may be at supervision meetings. LCW will seek your explicit consent before processing your data in this way.
5. What are your rights?
Every individual has the right to see, amend, delete or have a copy, of data held that can identify you, with some exceptions. You do not need to give a reason to see your data.
If you want to access your data you must make a subject access request in writing to email@example.com. Under special circumstances, some information may be withheld. LCW shall respond within 20 working days from the point of receiving the request and all necessary information from you. The response will include the details of the personal data held on you including:
– Sources from which information was acquired.
– The purposes of processing the information.
– Persons or entities with whom the information is shared.
You have the right, subject to exemptions, to ask to:
– Have your information deleted.
– Have your information corrected or updated where it is no longer accurate.
– Ask LCW to stop processing information about you where LCW is not required to do so by law.
– Receive a copy of your personal data, which you have provided, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another controller, without hindrance from LCW.
– Object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you.
LCW does not carry out any automated processing, which may lead to automated decision based on your personal data. If you would like to invoke any of the above rights then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. What safeguards are in place to ensure data that identifies me is secure?
LCW only uses information that may identify you in accordance with GDPR. This requires LCW to process personal data only if there is a legitimate basis for doing so and that any processing must be fair and lawful.
LCW also follows the common law duty of confidence, which means that where identifiable information about you has been given in confidence, it should be treated as confidential and only shared for the purpose of providing direct healthcare. LCW will protect your information, inform you of how your information will be used, and allow you to decide if and how your information can be shared.
LCW also ensures the information we hold is kept in secure locations, restrict access to information to authorised personnel only, and protect personal and confidential information held on equipment. LCW ensures external data processors that support LCW are legally and contractually bound to operate and prove security arrangements are in place where data that could or does identify a person are processed.
7. How long do you hold confidential information for?
All records held by Lizzie Cooke Wellness will be kept for the duration specified by guidance from legal advisors.
8. Website technical details
This website uses electronic forms making use of an available ‘forms module’ which has a number of built-in features to help ensure privacy.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
If you have a complaint regarding the use of your personal data then please contact LCW by emailing or calling Spain +34 country code 633 197 121.